Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

MRI for half- knee replacement surgery, lump in the lower left pelvic area

I had an MRI to measure for my upcoming half- knee replacement surgery . this MRI is to measure the bones, so that the parts can be made to custom fit my leg. The Radiologist noted a lump in the lower left pelvic area, and my Othorpaedic Dr. phoned me and wants me to have it checked out. Should I go to a Family Practice Dr., or another type of Dr. to proceed with this? What are some possibilites of what this lump could be?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
It depends upon the lump. If it is abony lump then you need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon. whereas if it is arising from the soft tissuese the you need to consult a general surgeon.
You need to undergo a CT scan to arrive at a diagnosis.Only then should you proceed with further treatment.
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor