Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

MRI done for hearing loss. Radiologist noted liquid. ENT recommend another doctor?

Hi, I recently had an MRI done for hearing loss I developed in my right ear. I hear what seems like the ocean, like having a sea shell stuck on my ear 24/7. Anyway, the ENT who recommended I have an MRI, when seen for the reading of the MRI, saw a lot of liquid in the brain area, he showed concern, and recommended I see my Primary Physician to check on what he saw was a lot of liquid. The radiologist noted on the reading of the MRI something about the liquid as my ENT guessed. My primary won't see me with just the film the ENT gave me, and wants me to start over as he did not refer me to the ENT, can't go with the notes faxed over. Is liquid in the brain something to worry about, and if so, can I ask the ENT to recommend someone to see me with his findings, changing my primary physician? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion fluid in brain is known as hydrocephalus which is controlled by medication if it is minimum. But in case if is is severe then shut operation may be done. You can ask your ENT to refer you to any other doctor whom he knows. Thank you.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor