Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Lymphedema in legs, prescribed therapy, flexitouch machine. Treatment?

I have lymphedema in both legs. A couple of years ago I went to a doctor and the doctor prescribed therapy for me. I wear compression stockings now and use the Flexitouch machine every night. That doctor just said I don't need to come back but I want to find a new doctor that specializes in lymphedema. I live in Round Rock, Texas.

Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare magic.
I feel sympathy for you not because of your disease but because of your poor understanding about your disease.
Lymphedema is not your disease. Lymphedema simply means the accumulation of lymph at a particular area because of poor lymphatic circulation and defective removal of lymph from the area affected.
Just imagine what happens when you pluck out a bud from a plant when you really want to remove the plant as a whole. Instead of destroying the plant with its 'roots', you are trying to remove the buds. You will only experience further growth of more buds from more areas in the plant.
Just like that you are not doing anything to remove your disease in its totality. There will be surely an underlying disease that makes you suffer from lymphedema.
Approach a physician who will help you to diagnose your disease after all necessary investigations.
Still a conventional medical specialist cannot offer a satisfactory answer for your queries and that is why your doctor said you need not any more go to him.
Very often the removal of the plant with its roots is not possible for him. He can maximum suggest another therapy, another machine or another stockings for you. Because the 'root' of your problem lies in your genetics and for time being conventional medicine cannot offer any genetic or constitutional treatment for you.
Therefore I can suggest confidently that you may approach an expert Homoeopathic physician known to you or you can very well get back to me with all your details. I think I can offer cure for your lymphedema.
Homoeopathy cure YOU and YOU only.
With Best Wishes,
Dr C. J. Varghese
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor