Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Lymph node on the mastoid bone behind the ear. Swelling from sinus infection. Need to see an ENT doctor?

I ve always had a lymph node on my mastoid bone behind my right ear. Swelling occurs obviously from infection, but lately it hasn t gone back down since my last sinus infection . No fever or infection. I have occasional scalp psoriasis that flares from time to time but not recently. Also one lymph on the right side my neck has hardened since the last infection too. No pain with either lymph node, and they both can slightly move but not by much. Was thinking a trip to an ENT would be my next step? Don t want to over think it though. Suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

I am an ENT consultant and let me tell you that many of my patients have the nodal swelling you mentioned without any problems whatsoever.
But any mass or swelling has to be properly examined by the ENT and only then we can be perfectly sure that you are fine.
So consult an ENT, ask for a proper examination and maybe request for a FNAC or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
ps: even scalp lesions can cause the nodes to be enlarged like this which can be confirmed by the ENT
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor