Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Lungs with peribronchial thickening. Breathing is very shallow. What treatment plan should be undertaken?

My son's lungs showed up on a plain xray with peribronchial thickening what treatment plan should he have. His breathing is very shallow and we have had no advice from doctors about this even after the x-ray from the hospital said there was peribronchial thickening in the bilateral lower zones. He is suffering with this breathing condition and the doctors a failing to acknowledge this. Could it be interstitial lung disease or a collapsed lung. I have mentioned about lung intertial but not the collapsed lung to the doctors but get a negative response about it so we didn't even think that it could be collapsed lung but I just googled something and it came up that peribronchialis collapsed lung is this right and if so why have the doctors mentioned this as possible and allowed my son live with this debilitating condition very angry with dotors.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1403
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Peribronchial thickening is radiological sign and can occur in many lung diseases, to name some are Bronchial Asthma, Acute Bronchitis,Pneumonia, Pulmonary Oedema, and Viral infection.
If there is any lesion then collapse of lung.There are many other causes.
If he is having breathing problem discuss with your treating doctor.
Because this is just sign in x ray we have to treat the underlying cause,like in asthma with bronchodilators and in Pneumonia with suitable antibiotics.
Please continue to take prescribed treatment and in case you are not happy you can always take second opinion.
Please do not be angry, we doctors always try to help the patients with best of our knowledge.
Please take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It could be a normal variation / or from previous infection.
Nothing need be done.
Interstitial disease and collapse present a totally different picture.

No one treats an X-ray! It is the patient as a whole, to be assesses.
You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities

If you are doubtful, consult a Pulmonologist / go for CT chest and Lung Function tests / more to reassure you, than for the child!

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor