Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Lung pain on deep breathing, spells of chills, fever, dizziness, cough with mucus, headache, boil on stomach getting larger. Diagnosis?

A couple of months ago, I started having pain in my lungs when I took deep breaths. It cleared up eventually, but now it is back, and twice in the last week I ve woken up with chills, then a fever, dizziness , constant cough, headache and neck ache. I m experiencing it now actually. I ve been coughing up green mucus for the past couple of weeks. 5 days ago I went to the cvs minute clinic and she diagnosed me with a sinus infection, which doesn t make any sense to me because it has nothing to do with my nose. It s all completely in my lungs. She put me on a z-pack, which I take the last pill today and I actually feel way worse now than before I started it. She said the fever/chills had nothing to do with my lungs, but when I get the fever/chills, my lungs get about 10x worse. I looked up my symptoms on a symptom checker and everything points to pneumonia . But some things point to mrsa or other worse diseases and now I m getting nervous. I had a boil about a month ago on my stomach that got bigger than a golfball and drained green. It s gone now, but I wonder if the two are related. I m a very healthy 32 year old woman.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You have analysed your problem quite well. I`m of the opinion that pneumonia needs to be ruled out. You should get a complete blood count, a xray chest, sputum examination and gram stain on it, urine re/me and a blood sugar test done. Get youself admitted in a hospital because you may need injectable antibiotics 2 to 3 times in a day for early recovery. There can be many causes of green pus. Long standing pus at any site may turn green or certain bacteria like pseudomonas may produce green pus. Hence my suggestion is that you see a pulmonologist asap.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor