Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Lung pain after smoking, history of lung infection. Advice?

hi I suffered with a lung infection a year ago and still have reoccuring pains in my lungs espically after i smoke , i smoke 9 years and smoked cannibis also, i am currently after cutting down from 20 smokes a day to maybe one or two, My breathing doesnt seem to be affected but when i breath out deep i get a pain in the center of me chest and pains in my lower lungs, also a itching feeling, i have seen my GP and was refered to a consultant and have had blood test , a breathing test and a x-ray 3 months after my infection. the consultant gave the all clear and i am still feeling the pains, Mostly the pain in centerd in the bottom lower region of my lung, Could you please help with some advice Thanks Tony
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Though the present pain is unlikely to be due to any serious lung condition but your airways may have become hypersensitive because of all the smoking hence you are feeling the pain while breathing. I suggest that you quit smoking as smoking is responsible for many a diseases of lungs and other organs. The pain could also be of muscular nature or it could be because of reflux disease causing oesophagitis. Consult a physician who can then advise you accordingly.
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor