Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Lung infection, breathing difficulty, increased carbon dioxide levels. Treatment for condition?

Hi, I am . My father is suffering from Lungs Infection. After initial checkup in, doctors said that because of lung infection there is some breathing problem. Due to this CO2 level in the body has increased. Doctors tried to flush out the excess CO2. But problem regained after two days. I want to know where i can i find good treatment in for this problem. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
You didn't mention your father's age and whether he is smoker or not.
If he is a smoker,it has to stopped immediately.
If the lungs are infected,there will be decreased space for normal breathing. CO2 levels may increase.
So,the infection has to be controlled fully with Broad spectrum antibiotics.
Please consult Pulmonologist/General physician and get him treated.
Wish him good health
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor