Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Lump with a white head inside the scrotum sack oozing blood, rash between legs. Worrisome?

I reciently found a lump inside my scrotum sack. Ive had an ichy rash between my leggs befor this I thought was from ridding bikes and heat rash. This lump grew very quickly a day or two, and seemed to form a little white head. Now I just noticed it s oozed some blood I guess or whatever is inside it. I dont know if it s good that it s draining or not. But I have about 4 days suply of Amoxillin, and thought I would give it a try. It seems to be helping the rash. Should I be real concerned about this?? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  422
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

From your history & clinical description, the 'lump' seems to be either an abscess or a cystic lesion that is secondarily infected. Go ahead with the may resolve the problem; you may want to add on some anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen the dose depending on your body weight & your local pharmacist should be able to help you.

The rash between the thighs appears fungal. Do give a 2% ketoconazole cream (eg nizoral) a try application locally twice/day for a week.

If no respite in 48 hrs, do see your local GP. That abscess may require to be incised & drained which should be a small procedure easily taken care of in a GP clinic outpatient.

Cheers & wish you good luck, speedy recovery & greaat biking days ahead!!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital,Bangalore, India
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
A 'quickly growing' lump there could mean infection or blood. Improvement with amoxil suggests infection is more likely.
Sebaceous cysts are common here.
'Rash' could be fungus infection
It doesn't sound alarming / A dermatologist or GP must see for proper assessment and assistance.
Take care
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor