Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Lump under the collarbone, round and protruding, similar bony bulge on the other side. Chest X-ray, blood tests normal. Are these bony hard lumps?

I am a 21 year old female. I have found a lump about 2 inches under my collarbone. It feels like part of my rib but it sticks out and it kind of rounded. I have the same lump on the other side but it is way smaller. I also have a bone feeling bulge under the small lump on the left hand side. Can ribs normally feel lumpy and different on one side than the other. I recently had a chest xray in the ER and the dr said it came back normal. Ive also had a complete blood count that came back normal? Are these boney hard lumps just the way I am? Should I be concerened?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  242
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
as these lumps are on both sides, even though they are asymmetrical, it is reassuring that they are not anything sinister. if you have no associated symptoms then that is reassuring too. if the lumps are out to the side of your chest then you may be feeling your corocoid, particularly if you are a slim person. your dr has reassured you. if you notice any changes in these lumps over time including if they enlarge or become painful then I would seek your dr's further opinion.
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor