Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Lump under skin on leg, hard and achy. Should go for treatment?

Hi, I have a lump under the skin (isn t noticeable to the eye ) on the outside of my right leg just about an inch or so from my knee . It is hard, and doesn t move although it feels like it is achey down that side of my leg. When I first noticed it (it seemed to pop up out of no where about a year ago) I went to my NP (I was pregnant at the time) and she told me not to worry about it. Should I ask her about this again? I don t remember it aching before.
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

From you description, it looks like you might be having a lipoma.

Although these are harmless in nature, but sometimes these can be painful.
Sudden increase in size or any associated pain can be a cause of concern.
It is better to consider removal if it is painful.

See a dermatologist or a surgeon for proper examination and further management.
Biopsy of the lesion can be done if required by the surgeon.

hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul.
Answered: Mon, 4 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor