Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lump under forearm, blackish yellow comes out after poking, redness spreading, itchy. Solution?

I felt a lump under my forearm which was really odd. I couldn t stand it so i poked it and something blackish yellow came out. Just a teeny tiny bit though. The next day I noticed the skin around where I poked became red, about 1/2 inch in size. After a couple days, the redness is spreading throughout my arm, more than an inch. What s happening?
Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
From your description, it seems you had a sebaceous cyst or a blocked hair follicle which you ruptured. This has now become infected due to which it is becoming increasingly red. I would suggest you apply neosporin powder and soframycin ointment on it. If it doesnt become ok, you would need to see your general physician for a prescription of oral antibiotics.
Hope this helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor