Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Lump under foot. X-ray normal. Discomfort in foot

Hi I have what feels like a lump under the ball of my foot that started off very small but seems to be getting larger. I have had an X-ray and nothing could be seen. My wife looked and said it looks like dry hard skin.When I don't wear shoes I don't feel the lump but with shoes and socks on it feels like the sock has crumpled up and gives me a uncomfortable feeling.Now I seem to be getting it in the other foot as well.

Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Most likely you this lumps are calluses. This condition is caused by frequent compression of one part of the skin. Due to such process, skin cells are migrating to this place and cause much thicker part of the skin. It is some kind of protection against the compression.
First step in treatment of this lumps are comfortable shoes and soft shoes inserts so this areas wont be compressed anymore.
In treatment of it you can also try salicylic acid medicine applied on this areas. Some doctors may suggest you surgical removal of it, but this is not a good idea as foot wounds are very hard to heal.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor