Lump under bruise on breast, occasional breast pain. Sign of breast cancer?

I have a lump under a bruise on my left breast and i don t know how the bruise got there. i have no memory of injury myself but, i didn t see the bruise until it had already started to fade. it s amazing to me because my bath tub, which i use daily, has huge mirrors around it so, how did i not notice the bruise when it was fresher and darker..and, how did my husband not notice it? it s above where the areola starts. the lump is a little larger than a pea, hard, doesn t move, and that breast feels kinda achy when i move around and, the nipple feels a little like it does when i m pregnant...just more sensitive. i do self breast exams fairly regularly and if i had to guess when the last one i did was, i d say right before christmas so, a couple of months ago and, i didn t feel this lump. it s very obvious so, i don t think it was there then. i m a 46yr old Mom of 4 and, i nursed 3 of my babies. i thought that kinda helped rule me out as far as breast cancer is concerned. no med history on my Mom s side (she s adopted) and, on my father s, he has 2 sisters who had aggressive forms of breast cancer. one lived, the other didn t and, the one who did live had a double mastectomy . i look and i m built like the one who lived. don t know if that matters or not. i m freaking out.. i m going to the doctor tomorrow.. just thought if someone was online who could keep me from a total meltdown, that d be great.
Tue, 10 Dec 2013