Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lump on the top oh scalp, hot flashes, frequent headache, lump and flashes painful. Cure?

Hi, My boyfriend currently has a lump on the top of his scalp along with an indent on his scalp beside it. He has hot flashes during the day along with hot flashes in the middle of the night. He also gets frequent headaches that he used to never get. The lump and indent on the top of his scalp is also very painful to the touch. Should I be worried? Does he need to go to a doctor to get it checked out?
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
it may be sebaceous cyst or may be malignancy. what is the size, color,texture, constistency of it?
my advice is to consult a surgeon near to you and get examined thoroughly
if possible some scans and blood tests may be needed
hope this information will be helpful to you
take care

Answered: Thu, 17 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Vikram Jeet Singh Dhingra's  Response
Hi, Sammy

Thanks for contacting hcm,

This could be an infected sebaceous cyst or dermoid.

You must get it checked and get proper treatment and get it investigated thoroughly as it might have an intracranial extension which is causing headache.
Hope this answers your query..

Answered: Thu, 17 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor