Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Lump on the spot of stitches, red and warmness, pains on touching. Normal?

My son had stiches about a month a go above his eye brow. He feel off a railroad tie into gravel. While in the ER they removed several rocks from the spot before stiching it up. He got the stiches out (2) over a month ago. There is no a marble size bump in the spot which get red and warm at times. My son says it hurts some times especially when you touch this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
It is quite normal for any injury to pain ling after it has healed. I suggest you to be vigilant if any swelling or redness or any unusual symptom appear at the local site. As several rock pieces had been removes so the only chance remains is of foreign body granuloma. Meanwhile you can apply hydrocortisone cream over the affected area in a very thin layer for 2-3 weeks only.
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor