Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Lump on the radial artery after being cut. How dangerous is this?

I cut my radial artery working but it bleed into my arm I put pressure on the artery to spot it hospital wrapped and sent me home now it has a lump since the swelling went down. The doctor said it was where I damaged the artery and the artery is restricted and is going to send me to specialists have u ever heard of this and how dangerous is it?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for your question.
Yes, a traumatic aneurism (distention of the wall of an artery) is not an uncommon occurrence. It is not particularly dangerous in the area that you have acquired it, albeit more prone to mechanical trauma with the risk of rupture . I to suggest you see a surgeon who can ascertain whether it should be removed or not.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor