Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Lump on the nose, tender, bruised. What should I do?

A small lump has developed on the outside of my upper nose between the bridge of my nose and eye. At first there was no lump, just tenderness, as if i d hit it or it was bruised; but now there is a small lump (smaller than a pea) ; it hurts when i touch it, as does a small area around the lump. What are your thoughts and what should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Since you have a tender swelling, it could be a furuncle ( boil) or even acute dacryocystitis( acute infection of the lacrimal sac). A short course of oral antibiotics would help to curb the infection. You can consult your GP or ophthalmologist for the needful.


Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor