Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Lump on the leg that appears like a bruise. Cause?

Hi, I am 20 years old and just this past weekend I noticed I have a hard bebe pellet size lump on my leg, about 4 inches above my knee . You can not tell it is their unless you feel it. It feels like a bruise but I know I haven t done anything remotely close to have bruised it. I haven t even worked out. And it takes a lot for me to bruise. I just want to know what it might be.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing in,

A pellet sized small lump, just felt in the thigh without pain or any other signs or symptoms is mostly a simple lipoma or neurofibroma. But a physical examination is needed to confirm it.Sometimes it runs in family also.
Nothing has to be done. Just wait and watch. If the swelling increases in size or causes some difficulty in routine activities, or causing some tingling sensation, or if it gets infected / painful to touch etc. then you can get it removed.

Get well soon,
Answered: Sat, 26 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor