Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lump on the head after a fall. Headache. Need to go to the doctor?

i hit my head really hard on concrete skateboarding today. i was skating a huge pool and fell from the 6 foot high coping and hit my head at the bottom. theres a huge lump that sticks out about a half an inch and its bigger then a quarter around. i feel fine though. i have a headache but i m not dizzy or anything. should i go to the doctor/hospital?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Fall from 6ft height is a type of injury where you can have severe trauma.
You have described your injury well.
Yet few questions are unanswered.
Was there any nausea/vomiting/unconsciousness after injury?
Do you have moderate/severe pain now?
Probably the answers are ‘no’.
If so then you need not to worry.
You can take analgesics & anti-inflammatory.
Usually pain, parasthesia may persist over a traumatised area.
But hearing your mode of injury and a large swelling over there, you should consult a doctor.
Hope this help.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor