Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Lump on shin, redness and swelling in leg, difficulty walking

about 2 months ago i lump appeared on my shin . it felt like a bruise but i hadnt injured it. its gotten a lot bigger and red and my leg swells up if i walk on it. i injured it 5 yrs. ago in a car accident and i now have a rod. my leg was smashed between a car and tree. but it has not caused me any problems in 4 yrs. what could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  249
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
The lump on your shin is not likely to be asociated with the acciedent you had 5 years ago. From your descrition, it seems to be due to a hematoma or a stress fracture. You need investigations like X-ry and MRI of the affected area to find out the cause. Consulting an orthopedician will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor