Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Lump on shin, complication of old fracture, shin injury, dent formation. Treatment?

A few years ago, I found a mysterious lump on my shin. I went to the doctor, and after examination, he said it was likely a complication from an old fracture that healed strangely. He said if it didn t hurt, don t worry about it. Five years later, I got hit in the shin pretty hard at a punk rock show. The bump has turned itself inside out. instead of a bump, I now have a hole. And it hurts sometimes when I stand on it. What do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..comanchechopper..., Do not neglect the condition...,
since you see hole, and pain on standing...
you need to get Xray , to rule out bone disorder like osteomyelitis ...
consult a orthopedic surgeon...

Take care..
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor