Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Lump on shin after hurting it, painful. Should I be worried?

Hi, the Monday before last, I fell while hiking. I banged my shin and ever since there s been a huge lump on it. Anytime it gets bumped or hit there s an excruciating pain sent through my body and for hours after I can feel the lump move and rub as I move and walk. Should I be worried and is there anything I can do to help it?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
pretibial or shin periosteum or covering layer of bone is very sensitive .any injury is always painful . if blood has clotted and a haematoma has formed just give cold compress and dont handle the area much . a protective splint to shin if you are get recurrently hurt .
no worries needed no big trouble comes .
if too much painful get an xray of leg
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor