Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Lump on neck, pulsating pain, visible. What this can be?

I have a hard strange lump on side of my neck , right below my ear. i went to the doctors and got antibiotics , i got a little bit better then i ran out and its gotten worse than it was before. Sometimes ill feel a pulsating pain from just sitting and not touching and it still does hurt when i touch it. Also, its very visible so see easily. Do you know what this is?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
A pulsating swelling is not to be taken lightly although it may just be a simple infected lymph node gland in which case the swelling should subside within three weeks. However if the swelling persists or increases in size then it is advisable to go for a thorough evaluation which includes CT/ pan endoscopy and if needed FNAC/ biopsy of the lump in a good institution.
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor