Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Lump on head, hurts when moved. What is cure?

Hello, My name is Cali. So i have had a hard lump on my head for about 7 years that i have been aware of. it is about the size of a dime and height is around one inch. i can move it slightly but it hurts when i do, otherwise i dont feel it. i am somewhat worried because i have not the slightest idea of what it is, i am 15. any advice would be great. thankyou.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic..
i will ask you one thing does it is painfull from past 7 yrs or pain started recently...
most common swelling is the lipoma which is freely mobile,soft and i think it is not the problem for you..
i think it is an infected sebaceous cyst..when you carefully observe it under torch light(ohh sorry it is on your head)you may see the dark dot on the center of the swelling..
consult general surgeon and he will remove it by simple incision and antibiotics..
hope you will understand my suggestion..
thank you.
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Such lump is most likely sebaceous cyst or lipoma. Both are benign soft tissues lumps and bring no risk of getting malignant. However can get infected (especially cyst) and in such case give pain, swelling, redness in the area where the lump is located.

The best way to find out what exactly it is, is to visit general surgeon. If any doubts, ultrasound can tell what is inside. If no doubts, it can be removed through small incision and send to histopathology.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor