Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Lump on head, dizziness, sickness after a fall. Get a CT scan? Is it serious?

Yes I wonder if you can assist me please. About two months ago my brother who is 44 had a box of brake pads fall on his head ( he has a car repair workshop) he had a small lump but this went down after a few days. Every couple of days he has dizzy spells and feels sick. He has been to his GP who says its nothing to worry about, he has looked into his eyes and since there was no bleeding he thinks it will be fine. The dizziness got so bad last week that I made another appointment for him with the GP who then said he needed a head scan but then changed his mind because of the health risks with a ct scan as my brother had had a scan within a 2 year period, should we get a referral letter from the GP and go private to see a neuro surgeon? Regards caroline
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Good evening,

As per your description things are indicated that you should go for a CT scan to rule out Chronic Subdural Hematoma(SDH)/Extradural Hematoma (EDH), which can be occurred by such type of head injury.

More likely you will get a definite diagnosis by a CT scan, which is very needful is this case.
After diagnosis it will be very easy to track a line of management.
So go for a CT Scan Head followed by Neurosurgeon's opinion.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor