Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Lump on forearm. Is it tumor? What can treat it?

I am a 24 years old married house wife having one kid. I have a small(around 1 cm) hard lump/tumour in my right hand forearm for an year or so.It was not painful earlier, but it started paining for a week now.It is paining when i tried to strongly hold any thing. The pain is like putting a injection in that place. Can you please suggest me what kind of lump/tumour it is and the treatment for the same. Hope it is not in the kind of cancer .
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The chances of it being cancer are almost nil. The most probable diagnosis of the lesion is a ganglion.This is a firm swelling which does not move longitudinally on tightening the underlying tendons. the treatment is excision as it is symptomatic in your case.
Answered: Mon, 14 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor