Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Lump on eyelid, redness, swelling, soreness. Is it chalazion?

I've had a lump on my right eyelid since the end of July. It started off with redness, swelling, soreness and when I woke up in the morning my eye was crusted up. I applied warm compress which alleviated the swelling and sorenss; however, the lump is still there and it's no longer tender. It's now October, does it sound like I have a Chalazion? And if so, do you think I need to have it surgical removed now because of the length of time I've had the lump on my eyelid?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you probably had internal hordeolum after treatment, now it has become chalazion.
The main treatment for chalazion is either intralesional injection of long acting steroid or by minor surgery like incision and curettage. Please do consult your eye doctor for treatment.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor