Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Lump on clitoris, swollen labia, pus comes out

Hi, I am a 41 year old female who had a baby 2 years ago and ever since then after my period I get a mass on the left side of my clitoris . Over the next few days the whole left side of labia get swollen and the comes to a head inside the left side of my labia and ruptures. Alot of pus comes out and drains for days. Have been to the gyno and he says to go to the dermatologist . Not sure what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  384
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
it sounds to me like you must have a type of labial cyst, either a bartholin's or a skene's cyst. that could be determined in exam. sometimes it can develop into an abcess, which is filled with pus. these are usually one one events that resolve, but sometimes thy can recur like you describe. often they can be treated with warm water soaks several times a day, but occasionally that doesn't help. depending on the situation, they can be surgically treated when conservative therapy doesn't help. this is a minor procedure that your gynecologist should be able to do. try are either removed entirely or opened and "marsupialized" after which they shouldn't come back again. exactly hat procedure is right depends on each situation. try to see your doctor when the cyst is swollen and he/she should be able to help you. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor