Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Lump on cheekbone, painful, turned into bruise. Can you help?

I have had lump on my check bone for a yr its very painful and recently it has turned into a huge bruise and I haven t been hit no infections and have seen regular doctors had ct scans specialist for infectious disease and ear nose and throat doctor they all still can t figure it out and I ve been to oral surgeons can u please help me I m28 yrs old healthy and this is ruining my life
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

You might have soft tissue injury over your cheek .

If swelling persist and it tender to touch, then you need a x-ray to rule out any fracture.

Soft tissue injury should resolve with time, but even 3 weeks may not be long enough.

Continue using ice, gentle massage, and protected activity.

If this swelling associated with fever and it become more tender to touch, consult your doctor immediately to rule out any infection.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor