Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Lump on buttock after fall, no pain. What doctor to visit?

This past January I had a hard fall on a metal pipe at the gym while working out (on my butt). Of course it bruised really bad but went away within 2 weeks at the latest. A large bump from the hit formed right when it happened, but has yet to go away. It does not hurt at all and I sometimes forget it s even there until I see the bump as a reminder. Friends that are nurses have told me that it probably is a hematoma and will take months to go away. I ve given it 10 months and still no luck. What type of doctor would I go see to get this bump taken care of? A friend suggested I go see a plastic surgeon to have it surgically removed. Is that correct or my best choice?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i thinkthe genaral surgeon is sufficient for the removal of the lump.aafter the remival use a broad band antibiotic and flexxon and use of contractabex ointment over the scars
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor