Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Lump inside butt crack. What could this be and is it okay if I ignore it ?

Hi. I m a 23 years old female. Today I felt a lump/bump inside my right butt crack , i can feel a lump under the skin , i saw a red bump when i try to check on it. its a lil bit bigger than pea sized. It looks like a pimple but i think its not. it hurts when I sit or lay on it, it hurts when I press on it too. it has been hurting for 3-4 days. what could this be? is it okay if I ignore it?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  4411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI Rachel,

Welcome to HCM.
It could be pilonidal swelling or a small boil. It would be better if you could consult a surgeon who will have to examine the swelling. If it is a boil, oral antibiotics and local antiseptic cream may cure it. if the pus is pointing then it may need to be drained. Any way it is not anything serious and don't worry.
Wish you all the best
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Yogesh D's  Response
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the query.

I have gone through your problem, and by the description of it, it looks like an abscess, that means there is an infection and it is going to become filled with pus and it needs to be looked at by a doctor and treated.

Your doctor will examine you and will tell you if it is indeed an abscess and he would advice you to get the pus removed by a small procedure. These decisions can only be taken after a physical exam, you should definitely see your doctor at the earliest. You can not ignore it.

Please do get back if you have any further queries.

Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor