Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Lump in the vagina with itching and burning. What should I do?

i have a bump on the inside of my vagina by my clit. i had sex about 2 months or so ago and it come about a few weeks ago. it itches at times and doesnt hurt or anything but if i touch it or wipe down there it kind of burns. im going to the doctor in the next few days but was wondering if anyone could help me while i wait.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
The lump you mentioned could be a Bartholin cyst.
Bartholin gland lies near the vaginal opening, its duct opens at the labia minora.
When the duct gets blocked cyst can form.
When the cyst gets infected abscess can occur.
So after consulting your doctor, she may examine you and can find out the exact cause of the problem.
You may need one course of antibiotics.
Oral analgesic and anti inflammatory drugs help in decreasing pain.
Sitz bath can help in decreasing the symptoms.
If the problem recurs you may need marsupalization of the gland.
But don't worry that may not be needed in your case.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 24 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor