Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Lump in the upper side of vagina. Have swelling. Need to see a doctor?

Hi Doc, I have a problem,there is a lump pea size on the left upper side of my vagina skin,not inside but on top. it started off as a little itchy pimple and i might have exagerated it and caused it to swell by scratching it. It been there before but this time is a little bigger and hard with little blisters on it,i shaved the area on top of it to see better and it is now harder. what could this be,it has occured before and i am terrified!!! is there anything i could self medicate with before visiting a doctor to sort of proof whether or not it is serious?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

First of all, please do not self medicate. Next do not irritate this region any further as all the activities conducted by you (shaving, itching, etc.) have only resulted in further aggravation of your condition.

Next, the cause could be a simple ingrown hair that you have irritated, folliculitis (inflammation/infection of a hair follicle) or even a sexually transmitted infection (I only assume this as your sexual history is unknown to me).

In such a situation it would be best to visit your doctor and get physically examined. This will have to be followed up by laboratory investigations to confirm your diagnosis and get treated accordingly.

In the meantime, wear comfortable undergarments, avoid sexual contact of all forms, take warm sitz baths several times a day (you could add epsom salt to your baths) and also apply warm compresses to the region with a sterile pad or cloth.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor