Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Lump in the underarm. Pain while pressing. Is it a cyst or a polyp? Whom should I consult?

hi, i. I would like to consult the lump I feel in my right underarm. I feel pain especially when I press that part and it seems that it has something to do with the pain in my upper right chest and right part of of my back. Is it a cyst or just a polyp? What kind of specialist do i need to consult to? what possible medication do I need to take? can it be diagnosed through ultrasound? because I already underwent a few x-rays and they found nothing yet I really feel pains
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for your query to Health magic,
You do not mention your age.
The condition you described is the enlarged lymph node because of infection. If you have redness, hot and have fever then there may be underlying Pus. You have to consult general surgeon and have to take antibiotic and if underlying pus the needs to drained. and if no infection then needs FNAC to diagnose the condition.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor