Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Lump in the rectum causing itching, pain and occasional bleeding. What could it be?

What is with this lump in my rectum? It remains in place when touched and seems somewhat solid, as in it doesn t SEEM to be some kind of blood boil . Symptoms have included some itching, sometimes pain and an issue with blood. The reason I mention blood is because it seems to corrispond with the times this odd lump has plagued me. I thought the blood was simply a tear in the wall of my rectum but it comes and goes with sometimes many months in between.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The lump which you have described fits into the definition of a perineal hematoma (thrombosed pile).
If it is painful it requires surgical intervention. You should consult a General Surgeon. This will allow proper evaluation and a accurate diagnosis which is essential for specific treatment.

Answered: Mon, 18 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor