Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Lump in the mouth for one year.

I have a lump in my mouth that i have had for just over a year now, at first i thought it was just a mouth ulcer but i dont think they should last this long im 16 what could it be? it not painful and its on my gum. Please help
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  383
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  Anonymous's Response

any lump over such long period is not acceptible. get it checked by ENT doctor. he may suggest for biopsy to know what it is. get the biopsy done.

Answered: Sun, 3 Jan 2010
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the lump may be a periapical abscess or a tissue growth. Please get it examined. If it is an abscess, the offending tooth must be treated, abscess drained and an apicectomy performed on the roots. If it is a growth, a biopsy must be done to find out if it is cancerous. Please do not delay the investigations. Take care!
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor