Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Lump in the head after being beaten by a violent partner. Causing headaches. Suggestions?

my name is tiffany kite and i was with a ex patner about 4 months ago and he started getting violent and he ended up hitting me and in with that gave me a big black eye and a huge lump in my head but its been nearly five months now since it happened and i still have part of the lump and it will not go down its giving me a lot of pain still and i think it the lump thts giving me alot of headaches as well do i need to get this looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Tiffany,
Once a swelling occurs following a hit in the area you have described, it can take a variable time to come back to normal even a couple of months might be needed. Also, the swelling is exaggerated if there has been an underlying fracture which can complicate things a bit. Yes, you should get this checked with a craniomaxillofacial surgeon to note if there are any underlying abnormalities and if the rate of absorption has been adequate.
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor