Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Lump in the groin. Painful to walk and pus formation. Need medical attention?

i have a lump in my right leg near the groin region just near the penis . its been there for almost a week now. It hurts when I walk and there is puss(green fluid as well as blood ) coming out of it. earlier it was small and it didnt hurt but after 1 week it has become the size of about more than a cm in diameter. what should I do, should I consult a doctor? I m really worried, plz HELP!
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although there can be various causes for a lump in groin region but most important ones in present context seem to be
Injury in the leg
Infection in the leg
Sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia or gonorrhea.
If you have a history of STD then you require thorough investigations for the diagnosis
However if there is no history of any sexual contact and there is some infection or injury in the leg,then a course of antibiotic should make the problem alright.
Consult your doctor for the treatment.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor