Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Lump in the crease of the thigh. Grown in size, itchy due to sweat. Solution?

Hi, I am 31, Male. Over the last week, I have observed a lump about an inch and a half thick in the groove connecting my right leg to my genital area. Initially for a couple of days the area was red and painful and very small in size like a heat boil . Around the third and fourth day on touching it was painful and also oozed out a little pus . Now it is dry and the area from where pus oozed out, the skin has peeled away and the lump though painless has grown in size and is itchy due to sweat. Please advise on how I should deal with this. Thank you, Som.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
It would be premature to come to a diagnosis with the little information that you have given.A detailed history and physical examination is needed by a specialist.The lump in the inguinal region could be because of many causes.The lump in the inguinal region with oozing pus could be a simple folliculitis with inguinal lymphnode enlargement.But the description that you have given,warns me to rule out a sexually transmitted infection called lymphogranuloma venerum.I suggest you consult your dermatologist and get the necessary tests done and treated appropriately with antibiotics.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor