Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Lump in ribcage, growing. Will he be okay?

my boyfriend is 17 and he has a lump between his rib cage and it hurts to barely touch it and a week ago he told me about it and it was the size of a quarter and now it s gotten bigger it grows everyday and it hurts all the way down to his belly button we went to his doctor on friday and they said it s normal that everyone has it he checked his brother and he don t have one
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi rayleneponce62

the lump should be worked up properly. you must have told the consistency whether it feels solid or feel like containing fluid.
if it is large enough you can go for ultrasonography of the lump and guided aspiration/FNAC.

The gross finding of the aspirate and histopathological examination and/or culture sensitivity will guide the further treatment...

best wishes
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor