Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Lump in mouth, white patches, sore throat, trouble swallowing, choking. Could it be cancer?

hi i have a lump in my mouth and white patches and have been told that i have to go for a biopsy and i have been getting alot of sore throats and now i am having trouble swallowing properly, i keep choking and i have been getting a pain from the right side of my mouth going up to my head, do you think that it could be cancer
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query,
the lump in the mouth could be because of many reasons one of those is the tooth infection causing abscess or cyst...if you have any smoking or pan chewing habits then it could be leukoplakia its a precancerous lesion...kindly go for radioographic investigations like OPG to rule out other causes..consult your dental surgeon as early as possible..
Answered: Thu, 13 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor