Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Lump in mons pubis, slightly visible, tender to the touch. Should I get it checked out?

I have a knot or lump persay under the skin of my mons pubis .I have read that lymph nodes swell when fighting infections, and I do get menstrual bumps every now and then. It is only slightly visible, and tender to the touch. Should I get it checked out, or wait a whie to see if it gets any bigger. Its about the size of a lima bean.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello dear usually there are no lymph nodes in the mons area, what i think that it is an infected hair follicle and u may need antibiotics, so please get it checked.
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor