Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Lump in middle f chest, started getting bigger with leaking puss. Is it an ingrown hair?

I have a lump on the middle of my chest , it s been there for over a month now, recently it s started to get bigger and coloured red. It started leaking puss, disgusting as it sounds I squeezed it and it would not stop pussing. It s been a week since then and it s still pussing slightly when I squeeze it. I m becoming quite worried now, I m thinking it could be an ingrown hair , any help out there please
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for using HCM.
From your symptoms this seems to be infected hair follicle which can be either whats called folliculitis or carbuncle. This usually happens when there is bacterial infection which forms pus which drains onto the skin surface. You should avoid squeezing it and for now simply wash with warm water and soap. Contact your doctor who can take a look at this and prescribe you appropriate medication.
Feel free for further queries.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor