Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Lump in between the bottom of ribcage, causes sharp pain, prominent after eating, have weight gain. What is the cause and remedy?

i have a lump in between the bottom of my ribcage, the lump is about the size of a ping pong ball, definately more prominent after i have eaten, the lump itself isn,t painful but i have a sharp pain under the bottom of my ribs on the right hand side, it feels like my stomach muscles didn,t knit back together properly after the birth of my last baby in may 06, i have gained 4 dress sizes in 2 years and feel so depressed with my body now, i dont let my husband see me naked anymore and we are rarely intimate anymore, i rarely leave the house anymore and i dont know why
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
Your problem seems to me like a case of Gastritis with Hyper Flatulence.
You need to do the following-
1] Try & loose weight by 10% of present wt.
2] Start reducing fried foods, sweets, carbohydrates etc. But take plenty of greens, fresh fruits, & water & Juices.
3] Take a regular walk / exercise regimen.
4] Get some anti flatulent s off the counter & try for a week.
5] Check your TSH values in the blood to rule out Hypothyroidism.
If not better get medical help by visiting your doctor, who may suggest an Endoscopy.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor