Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Lump in back. Had open pore with pus in that area. Is this a concern?

I have a lump on my back, it is in the same spot that I used to have an open pore that I would have squeezed and white stuff would come out for the past 20 yrs, a few days ago I noticed a lump perturbing out of that spot, I did have someone squeeze it, lots of puss came out then blood , but the hard lump is still there, Is this a concern, should I see a doctor for this?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  914
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
I think you have to see your doctor at this stage as the inflammation and infection may be is quite high.
You may need oral anti biotics and may be some anti inflammatory.
In the mean time kindly don't squeeze the area as you can get cross infection or more inflammation.
I hope that will be helpful.
Thanks very much,
Answered: Sat, 17 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor