Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Lump getting bigger near the Adams apple for a 4 year old. Need CT scan?

My 4 yr old son has had this soft lump right below his Adam apple where the neck bone meets. I wasn t to concerned but it has gotten bigger. It doesn t bother him but it does me. It moves and is really soft what could it be? The ENT said he might need CT. Scan to see what is attached too. Can anyone help me. I m so scared of what they will tell me. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Is the swelling is moving with the action of swallowing?
If yes it could be a Thyroglossal cyst which needs excision of the cyst.
Some times it is attached to a bone called hyoid bone.
So CT Scan may be required to know the attachments of the cyst.
Nithing to scary about this problem.
Consult your ENT Surgeon and follow his advise.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor