Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Lump formation after an injury to forehead. Is there a way to get it removed?

I got punched in the forehead about eight weeks ago. During the time, I applied ice to my fore head as soon as it happened. Eventually, the swelling went down a lot, but the knot stayed, and its a little squishy, when I move it. I am not suffering from any sort of pain, or dizziness. How do I make it go away.(Someone mentioned, it may be puss, swelling in the skin).
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that now there is localized hematoma giving rise to this knot.
Nothing to worry, still it will take some time to absorb the collected blood.
Continue ice pack 10 minutes at a time 3 times a day.
Some times if swelling persisted then aspiration of blood may require.
Blood is good medium to grow bacteria so if require go for short antibiotic medicine course.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
You got punched on fore head 8 weeks ago. The swelling got down a lot but knot stayed, it is squishy, no pain or dizzyness. You want to get rid of it.
It is the bruice, and due to non treatment , or sub clinical treatment,It didn't subside completely.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to use vitamin C, protiolytic enzymes, etc. If there is any projection to out side you can use steroids locally. If it is left for time also it can go away.
I advise you to drink lemon juice for disolving the swelling.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor