Lump behind the ear near the lymph node. Pain on applying pressure. Anything to be done?

Dr. Grief, I have a bump on the right hand side of the back side of my head near the ear but above it past my lymph node. It feels like a pimple . Painless unless i apply pressure to it. It is about a pea size bump. I noticed it yesterday March 20 when I was rubbing the back of my head. I already had a lady check it and she said she couldn t see anything visible and told me it s probably just an insect bite or just a random bump that will eventually go away. What would you recommend?
Tue, 16 Jul 2013