Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Lump above ear. Blood clot? Treatment by medicine only?

hiiii iam a 24 years old male. i have a medium lump above my ear. i has been over now for 10 years. i consulted a doctor and they advised me that its just a cyst and its not serious. i absolutely have no issues with this cyst. its just like a very small lump and its very soft and if i just press slightly, it seems to disapper and it again comes back.the lump is small sometimes and it gets slightly bigger at certain times.can it be a blood clot?? can you advise me if it can be treated by medicine without surgery. i just feels that it is slighly affecting my confidence.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
A lump above ear which is soft could be a sebaceous cyst .
There is no treatment other than surgical removal.
You can get done a Ultrasonography or Fine needle aspiration cytology to know what it is .
If you are so very afraid of surgical removal then you can get it aspirated and so that it goes off once, but there are high chances (if its a cyst) that it will come back .
surgery will give you a complete removal.
In doubt do reply
Answered: Wed, 6 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor